I've been collecting metal frozen juice can lids for months now and I gotta tell ya, my husband was starting to think I was becoming a hoarder, so I had to put them to use. This little lids have some possibilities. I thought about making some kind of sculpture or painting them. But the best idea was to make magnets out of them.
So here's a little tutorial on how I made them:
Frozen juice can lids
Cardstock/ scrapbook paper
Little magnet circles
Tacky Glue/ craft glue
Stamps & ink (optional)
1. Wash the lids and glue a magnet to the back of each. I used tacky glue and its holding up nicely.
2. Cut out circles of pretty patterned paper. I don't have one of those expensive big circle punchers, and really, for this you don't need one. Just use a cup to trace the circles and cut them out.
3. Decorate them however you choose, but beware if you choose to use ink. I got a little surprise later on when it smeared all over the place and ruined my cutest designs- sad. So learn from me a spray a fixitive of some sort before moving to the next step. I used Krylon Matte Finish. Its a protective finish that I use for my arts and crafts, but if you don't have some handy you could give hairspray a try.
4. Glue the paper circles to the lids. I tried using Modge Podge to stick the paper to the lids, but they came off easily. Tacky glue works much better.
5. Apply a coat or two of Modge Podge on top of the paper circles.
Alright! All done! Easy right?